Thank you for your interest in the tourism/hospitality section of the Show Me Strong Pledge. This program has been implemented to provide businesses with guidelines that will bolster consumer confidence and assist in reopening and resiliency efforts in the wake of COVID-19. Consumers play a vital role in these efforts, too — maintaining healthy communities is a shared responsibility!
The pledge centers on six concepts:
- Physical distancing guidelines
- Healthy hands
- Cleaning and sanitation standards
- Utilization of protective/safety equipment
- Asking guests to “self-screen” using a standard questionnaire
- Development of an in-house preparedness and response plan
Before taking the pledge, please familiarize yourself with the below resources.
- Statewide guidelines on Gov. Mike Parson’s Show Me Strong Recovery Plan website for frequently asked questions and an updated Economic Dashboard.
- This insightful webinar
on the importance of testing for COVID-19, best practices for
businesses, information about how the virus is spread and can be
mitigated, on-site safety and health consultations, and Missouri’s PPE
- The additional resource links at the bottom of the page featuring best practice guidelines for businesses and individuals.
Remember, this is an honor system. If you sign the pledge and post Show Me Strong Pledge signage at your business, it’s up to you to ensure the guidelines are followed. The state of Missouri assumes no liability for businesses that take the Show Me Strong Pledge.
Please note, the below links spotlight guidelines, not mandates. They
have been developed by health care and industry organizations, but your
local municipality, health department or corporation may have more
If you’re ready to take the Show Me Strong Pledge, please complete
the form below. We’ll send you materials you can post at your business
to demonstrate your commitment to the health and safety of your
employees and guests!