The Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) makes images, both still photographs and video footage, available only when they will be used to:
• Promote tourism in the state of Missouri;
• Generate sales tax income for the State.
MDT may make images available to other state agencies to support their missions.
The State reserves the right to request amenities, premiums or promotional items, such as room nights or admission tickets for use in contests and promotions in exchange for use of images.
If a destination, site or attraction charges the state for entry to its facility or charges fees for shooting its location, the State reserves the right to charge that destination, site or attraction for the use of said footage or images. Costs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Video footage is loaned only for tourism ,travel and convention-promotion purposes. Use in any other way must be approved by the Missouri Division of Tourism.
• This footage may not be used for political activity, whether for a candidate or candidates who are campaigning for public office or for other public ballot initiatives.
• This footage may not be used to generate profits for any entity or cause without a specific prior agreement with the Missouri Division of Tourism.
• If possible, credit for the footage should be given to the Missouri Division of Tourism.
• If you have received a hard copy of footage, we ask that the footage be RETURNED to our office within WITHIN THREE WEEKS of receipt.
• If possible, please send us a copy of the program you create utilizing our footage in a mutually agreed upon format; we are always eager to see ways in which our resources are utilized.
Should you have any questions regarding this footage or the Missouri Division of Tourism’s policy pertaining to it, please contact Ben Yarnell at (573) 751-1913
Please return the footage to:
Missouri Division of Tourism
301 W. High Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102
• Photographic images are loaned only for tourism, travel, and convention promotion, and for editorial illustration purposes. Use in any other way must be approved by the Missouri Division of Tourism.
o Photos may not be altered in any way.
o Photos cannot be used for political activity, whether for a candidate or candidates who are campaigning for public office, or for other public ballot initiatives.
o Photo credits must be provided. Credit should be given as follows: “Photo provided by Missouri Division of Tourism."
Photos may not be sold or used in any way for profit or commercial purposes, including use in commercial or professional websites or printed materials without a specific prior agreement with the Missouri Division of Tourism. Photos may not be used to suggest endorsement by the State of Missouri for a product or service.
Please allow 10 business days for fulfillment of requests. Requests for alternate formats or additional uses/rights should be sent to the communications department of the Missouri Division of Tourism by contacting us at (573) 751-4133 or by submitting a written request to:
Missouri Division of Tourism
P.O. Box 1055
Jefferson City, MO, 65102
The Missouri Division of Tourism reserves the right to deny such requests at its discretion. Some requests may be subject to a fee for graphic design services.